Inside Out – Lessons of life
When on long flights, the in-flight entertainment is best companion to help kill time. On my flight back to India from Hong Kong, I had planned to read and catch some sleep. I also like to keep track of the altitude, speed and time at the destination through the in-flight information system. While exploring all that, I found that one of the movies that I could watch was Inside Out. I wanted to watch this movie but missed it in spite of the great recommendations from friends and peers.
So, without wasting any time, I jumped into this ad-free exclusive screening. This movie was not just entertainment. It had some beautiful lessons of life – those that we can go back to again and again. We say that life is what comes our way but we can choose the ways that will keep us happy. A thoughtful approach on how to think and interpret things can really change perspectives and the tone of life.
Our personality is made up of the memories we gather throughout our lives. These memories shape how we think and who we go to in times of happiness and sadness.
- At all times in our life, all emotions exist with their might. Whether it is joy, sadness, fear, anger or disgust – all of them will try to pull us towards them but as an individual, we need to find an emotion we want to stick to. That one emotion then becomes the driver of our train of life. If you are person who fears, you let that emotion take charge in all that you do but if you go ahead with joy, you will let joy take you another beautiful journey.
- Even in tough times, family and loved ones come close. Sadness is not something negative. It is a way to see who will stand by your side with the true intent.
- Over a period of time, memories fade away. How many of us remember or want to remember the first day of college? Not that it wasn’t important but they self-destruct with time. Memories that old die with time. So, when we meet an old friend, we need to rekindle that memory and live in the time that was once important to us.
- Reminders to our self are like positive reinforcements. Remember “All is well”? It’s just a way to tell other emotions that things will be alright and let the dominant emotion ‘joy’ take charge once again in difficult times of life.
- Never lose hope and if your life depends on a goal, keep trying to achieve what you had set out for. When you try and fail not one but many times, you learn from your mistakes. You learn one more way to fail and you get one step closer to success.
- Life never stops and each day adds to new memories what will either add to your personality or will self-destruct. Live that day as your last. When you do that you will not regret the chances you missed. That will be your best day and then every single day will become your best.
- Yes, there will be hard times but who said life is a bed of roses. Face each day with your head high and take pride in your actions. Let there never be a day when you go to bed regretting your actions.
This movie will not just take you to your childhood but it will tell you that life is not so complex as we adults think. It will show you the world the ‘inside out’.
If you get a chance, do not miss this movie. It will make you smile and you will ponder on the concept the way I did.