New Year – Time for a new beginning?
All of us regardless of background and culture have heard of stuff like making resolutions, starting something new the coming year and hoping that the New Year is an ideal one in terms of should do’s and have to do’s . A lot of my friends and colleagues asked me about my resolutions for the New Year. Even CNBC TV18 (the one that knows no other language than that of stocks and markets) too listed the top 10 resolutions of the year from across the world.
It will be wrong to say I don’t make resolutions. I do but I am not too serious about them. I believe that the moment you become too serious for things like these, you lose out on enjoying the entire experience. So I believe in being passionate about what you want to do new.
- Losing weight is the top most resolution that people all around the world have for 2014. (Not just 2014 but for a lot of years in the past, this one has managed to stay on top) – I too want to but being fit is more important. So, instead my take is working out at least 6 hours a week. 🙂
- When I was 10, I wanted to be the youngest author by 13. Since then, I have been writing randomly but never too serious. Off late, I am trying to maintain this blog, even helping a friend edit and a little more efforts. Just trying is keeping me happy! 😀
- My close ones know that I have a sweet tooth. I really can’t cut down on anything that’s sweet. So, having cupcakes less frequently (one a month rather than every week) might work. 😉
- Just today I was invited to accompany to shop! I usually say Yes cos if I not at home and at work, I can be found in a mall. But today – I said no because keeping Finances in order are a must. My shopping is hard to stop but at least not on the 2nd day of the year 😉
- Oh yeah! I am scared of traffic, roads, honking etc. However, this year I will learn to drive. I am not putting any pressure on myself but this is a skill and a necessity. I will learn it! 😐
These are not resolutions – these are just a few hopes here and there. But frankly speaking I am already doing the above except learning to drive (that scares me). Simply put, when it’s December don’t we know that the night of 31st would turn into a day and that would be the first day of the New Year? Isn’t that pretty obvious owing to the fact that the Earth rotates on this own axis and every day turns to a night and the night turns to a day. So, when you think it’s the time to begin or when you have to do something that you have been pushing for quite some time, never wait for Jan 1. The time to do it is NOW!
Came across this funny picture on Facebook and I seriously don’t want to follow this one 😉 So, go ahead – start TODAY!