Quora and questions
I am sure if you have spent some time online surfing the internet, you have heard of Quora.
For those who haven’t, it is a site where users engage in asking and answering questions. Founded in 2010, per a recent news, the company’s user base has grown to 80 million users.
Imagine, what that means. These many users interacting online, answering and posting questions. It’s an ocean of information and you can find answers to any question at Quora and if not, you are free to post one. Sounds cool, isn’t it?
What is my point?
Shall we post this on Quora?
And that’s exactly my point. I receive a mail feed of questions and sometimes when I have time to waste, and I find many questions unnecessary and unwarranted.
Want a few examples?
I am sure you want to know what I read that’s so useless. But trust me, I do not read the answers. Never. But the questions do annoy me a lot.
- How do introverts enjoy life?
- Really? Introverts are human beings as much as extroverts. What makes one think that introverts do not enjoy life?
- How can people in army be so patriotic?
- Their love for the nation is why they are in the army. Simple. Isn’t it?
- What are some of the best Whatsapp statuses?
- Who are these people who will read your statuses? How much time do they have?
- What should you do if you cannot cook?
- Learn to cook or buy food.
- How can I become mature and how will I know?
- No clue. If you don’t have one, how can I?
These are five questions but feel free to log in to the site and find more such and better questions. I am not saying that all questions are like the examples I shared but like it is with everything that’s online – for one good question that’s posted, many are posted that are not so good. I understand that it’s hard to keep such online communities sane unless there are a million or more moderators. And in the defence of this community, let’s give it to them for being that platform that brings so many people together.
While I get back to find some better questions, why don’t you have a look at quora and tell me what did you find? Happy digging!