Reality Vs. Dreams
Do you see the world through tinted glasses? Are you close to reality?
I would like to think I am very much around reality. If I think about myself, I stay rooted to my basics. It’s not complex cos I know we cannot afford many of the things I think of. As against to what you may think, I don’t have any pinkish or rose colored glasses. However, there are those times when I wonder about many things.
You could call it wishful thinking or you may think otherwise. I have a list of things below that sometimes I wish I could just do. All of this comes from the lives of people I see on my Facebook timeline.
Before we start, if you think, any of the below is directed at you, you are mistaken. Some are fragments from my imagination. Trust me.
- The life of an NRI – they seem to have more sense of community than the residents.
- Life of a solo traveler – where tourism departments of various countries fund your travel and you get to see the world.
- Life of a food connoisseur where you eat and they cook.
- Regular international vacations to the most exotic places of the world.
- Husbands who surprise wives with things I can not even imagine.
- Husbands who write love notes – in our my case, there is love but no notes.
- Candid photography to capture life’s important moments.
- Taking up adventure sports – though I wonder if I have so much courage.
- Feeding penguins and playing with koalas.
- Trekking through a dense forest and spotting wild animals.
- (Wo)men who cook some good looking food – those cakes and pasta.
- People who have planned weekends and long weekends and those who just don’t spend 48 hours sleeping.
- Those who eat what they want and stay in shape. They keep losing more and I gain their share.
- Those who have the best pictures on their page – angles, colors and shots.
- People who travel for work – not many HR folks get that opportunity.
My list just keeps growing. What about yours? Do you have something to add to the list?
I am with Team #CrimsonRush and today is Day 6 of the #BarAThon.