The value of Values
Sitting in my living room with a cup of tea in one hand and a Reader’s Digest in the other, I am beginning to wonder about some of my life’s values and how simply we were brought up without any push or pull to be who we are today. I take a lot of pride in my upbringing and I truly believe that a happy kid is a happy adult. It’s never in the power of money but in the power of one’s conscience.
This is not a post to preach but more of a self-reflection to write down all the stuff I truly believe in:
- Whatever happens, happens for good – we might not see the good thing immediately, but trust me, it has something positive in it.
- Don’t worry – If you will worry on everything so much, what will God do? Leave some work for Him too
- Never hurt people – what goes around, comes around
- You don’t get to choose your parents or siblings but you can make your own family of friends who will have your back at all times
- Help others – one needn’t have big opportunities to do so but whenever you have a mini one, go ahead
- Hard work and dedication is the key to success
- Follow your heart and never be shy to express yourself
- Think positive – the positive energy you create will attract more and more positive stuff
- Believe in yourself and follow your heart
- Love and respect can earn even the toughest hearts
- Never put a price on your heart – go ahead and sell your brain to the highest bidder!
- Never ever stop learning – you can learn something or the other from just anyone
- A family that eats together, stays together
- Smile – It enlightens everyone’s day
Above all – live life as if there is no tomorrow! Make a story of your own that you can narrate wherever you go or who all you meet 🙂
It’s all in the power of words!