The sounds I hear..
I woke up tired this morning. My muscles were sore with the Yoga I did in last two days. This is normal when there is a change in the routine which I recently had. My body was telling me to switch the alarm off and sleep again. I did exactly as I was told.
So, after work and the call that I had to take in the evening, I sat on the bean bag thinking what to write for today. My notes had some stuff and as usual there was a lot on my mind. Sometimes, all this doesn’t help get ideas and exactly help frame things. So I decided to sit back, shut off from my surroundings and listen to the sounds I hear around. I usually don’t do this but yes the seed of laziness was germinating.
The moment, I closed my eyes I heard:
- My breath – shallow one and then I tried to inhale deeper and exhale longer. Never too late to do what’s right.
- Football dribble – It was getting dark and even with the street lights on, children hadn’t stopped playing. I could hear football dribbles and those cheers of a goal being hit.
- A vendor – At a distance, there was a faint voice calling people to step out of their homes, look at his utensils and buy them before he could call it a day.
- Giggles – A group of friends or may be colleagues chatting and laughing as they walked and discussed how their day went.
- Door Bell – First there were steps that got closer and when I had just thought someone had come, a doorbell rang in the next door apartment. May be the lady of the house was home after her day from work or may be they had a guest.
- Vehicles – Bikes, autos and cars were passing by and it felt that the traffic on the road was heavy. That’s why people were taking the by lanes to reach home quickly. Happens a lot around here.
Just when I was trying to focus on some other voices that seem to be of men talking loud and make some sense out of it, the door bell rang. My help had come and I knew what I would hear now will be the sounds of utensils and running water.
Have you ever tried to listen to the sounds around? Would they be similar?